Friday, December 24, 2010

Naptime: Robot Mini Love

Today during naptime I decided to make some cute mini cards for the shop. The Valentine season has begun! I showed you the preview of my large card design (I will have 3 to 6 different designs depending on time) now it's time for the mini's!

These pretty clear boxes are wedding favor boxes that I got on clearance at Staples ages ago, they have been waiting for just the right occasion :)
I wish I could remember where I got this stamp set, the robots are so cute!
First I sewed some chunks of pretty link tulle onto card bases I cut from 110lb white cardstock. All my white and cream cardstock is from Staples, I get it a ream at a time and it seems to last FOREVER. Kraft cardstock I always buy from Papertrey Ink. It is so perfect for cardmaking, think and holds ink really well.

I stamped out the love robot first in black archival ink, then stamped him again in copper Colorbox ink right on top to give him a metallic shine. Finally I added his message of love and a heart (beep!). The punch is my 2 inch scallop punch, it fits perfect on the cards which are 2.25 square.

I really wanted to add envies to these so I cut some squares of white cardstock at 3.5 square and folded them all up to add into the package. They close with a pretty sticker, wax seal or tape.
These will be going up in my Etsy shop over the next few days with some other goodies I have been working on $5.00 a box. Includes 6 mini cards and 6 mini envies, I will also add in some pretty sticker seals to close the envies.

No comments: