Friday, May 13, 2011

One Crafter's Guide to Mass Production (multiples): Part 1

Resident Evil Themed Cupcake Toppers
I thought I would share a little of my assembly line approach to making multiples*. As we all know I am a multi faceted person, on the outside I am VERY organized, easy going and pretty laid back. On the inside however there are a few things you don’t yet know about me.

*When I started writing this post it began to spiral out of control and suddenly it was 4 pages TYPED so I decided it would be a series of 3 posts instead of one disgustingly long one (I know you would just lose interest after the first scroll anyway)

Happy Fall Cupcake Toppers
I am Bi-Polar with a touch of OCD.

I have a counting fascination (this requires a whole post I think).

I am also a Gemini.

Happy Easter Classroom Favors
Since most people don’t know what Bi-Polar is or how it works I will give you just a little tid-bit here (it’s too complicated to explain correctly and I wanna get to the crafty stuff). The easiest way for me to explain it is that my brain is running on the fastest speed on the treadmill and my body is crawling along at a snails pace. I hope that makes sense, also I have 2 settings REALLY SUPER DUPER EXCITED CONFIDENT HAPPY UP UP UP and unhappy, down, crying, cranky, blah. These 2 stages can last hours, days or weeks and I cannot control them, nor do I know when they are going to switch. After many years of learning and coming to understand ‘how I work’ I can tell when I am in which stage, which makes it easier on everyone around me.

This is why you will see 2 very different sides to me on this blog.
That is why sometimes I go missing (like the past week or so)

I am a bit of a walking contradiction at times.

With that all said when I craft I tend to be very organized, for a few reasons. The first is that if I start a project that is time intensive (as multiples can be) and I don’t get to finish (thanks to crazy children or husbands) at least I will be able to pick right back up where I left off, and secondly I can whip right through 20-30 sets of something in a shorter period of time (in order to spend more time with said children and husband).

Stay tuned for part 2 on Monday 10am ET

Four Heart Friday is on like Donkey Kong 8am ET tomorrow so get your posts ready to link up!

No comments: