Saturday, July 30, 2011

A little history lesson

This week I begin Operation: GET ORGANIZED MOM!


AAOK




Since the LONG story of how I came to be here is LOOOOOOONG, here is the Cliffs Notes version:

In 2010 the company I had worked for started to go south. In December my position (along with many others) was eliminated, to try and cut costs.

For 3 months I searched for jobs, this was much harder than I had expected.

I had never been unemployed before. I had been to a grand total of 2 interviews in 12 years.
A LOT of rejection followed.
Finally, in March I was hired as a temp, that position ended in July and since then I have been unsure of what to do.

The Hubbs and I have had MANY late night talks about what to do, we still don't have all the answers. I have been stumbling through every day, not really sure what I should be doing with myself. Being at home is so foreign to me, I'm not sure how to spend my time. So I jump from one thing to the next trying to feel like I have a purpose.

I have to tell you, I'm not doing a very good job.

I have had a steady job since I was 15. I had always loved working, I love getting up in the morning with a plan, a routine. Now that I have to make my own routines, I find that it's much harder than I thought it would be.

Another glaring truth is that our family was heavily reliant on my income, and we have been making some BIG changes since I lost my job. We have been adapting to our changing environment little bits at a time. Part of these changes meant starting over with a budget 1/4 the size of the one we were used to. Things have been falling apart a little, but recently I think we have found some solutions to the stress and changes.

This is how Projects and Goals were born, the Hubbs and I have mapped out some very specific goals for our family to achieve in the next few months.


It all begins this week.

I have to say, I'm just a little bit excited.
I hope you will join me on this journey, join the Projects and Goals link up's HERE.

No comments: