Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dear Life, Please slow down. Love, Me

I'm having trouble believing its actually October already.
So much is happening every day, I feel like the days are slipping by and I am powerless to capture them all.

My welcome back recap of the last three months:


Autumn started 7th grade (first day of school outfit above), she is in band again this year. I'm constantly amazed how fantastic she really is at music. She had played 3 different instruments and is great at all of them.  This year is trumpet. I can't wait for the first concert.
One thing I will never understand is the weird language all the band geeks speak every time I see them. It's like they have their own little club and the rest of the planet isn't allowed in (except for all the other little band geeks)


We had some pretty massive flooding due to Hurricane Irene. This is just the day after as teh waters were receding. I have never seen it this bad before, entire roads, houses, lives. GONE. It was a scary time, but as usual we all pulled together and got things straightened out. Southern VT was much worse, we were lucky.


In an effort to enjoy every last second of the few wonderful days we have left, we have been spending as much free time as possible outside together. We've already had 3 frosts, so winter is definitely knocking on our door. As usual the colors here are amazing, the leaves are never ending and afternoons are turning to evening way to fast.


I've been working 7 days a week since August at my new job. I love it. Being a part of the weddings has been such a fun time. I love how every couple transforms the property into something completely different. Officially my new job is General Manager and Event (venue) Coordinator at a beautiful Bed and Breakfast and wedding venue. It's magical, the Inn is open for rentals during the week and then every weekend we transform the place into wedding wonderland. It's pretty amazing.


I've started to archive, organize, print, scrap and display my family photos. It started with a family history project Autumn was doing, and it's growing into a REALLY BIG undertaking. I have thousands of photos, and I haven't really scrapped in about 2 years, even though I have a ridiculous amount of scrap stuff and I love it. time has not been my friend and I just haven't been into it lately. It's so addictive though, once the bug hits I just want to do it all the time. I'm excited to start showing you all my projects!

Now that you are all caught up, we can return to our regularly scheduled programming.

No comments: