Sunday, December 19, 2010

Valentines Preview

I know everyone is in the Christmas/holiday fever right now, but after the horrific shopping experience I had this morning I am ready for something different. I decided immediately upon returning home that I needed to have some scrap therapy, so I started my valentines!

Here is the first card up close. It's a mix up of a bunch of different papers and textures. I haven't scrapped anything in a while and usually when I get started I like to pull out the scrap box first and start slow. Then once I get in the swing of things and my creative juices are flowing I start cutting up the new stuff. I have wasted soooo much paper in the past trying to design when I am flustered. So I created just some basic shapes and then started rounding corners and punching till I had a basic design. I may have cut the floral a bit small which is how I came up with the idea to make it a pocket card.

The little tags were made with my Marvy tag punch, I don't know the size but I think it measures about 2.5 inches top to bottom. I have a TON of precut hearts, red sparkles and pink and a million other colors. Sometimes when I get long thin scraps I will sit and watch youtube videos and run the strips through my Cricut machine and or use punches and make lots of shapes. It's always good to have precut shapes ready for times like these.

Most of my inks are drying up, it's about time to stock back up again. I used the ColorBox pigment ink in Pink to edge these cards and the tag. The card bases are my FAVE from Staples the A7 scallop cards folded in half, they work great with the A2 size envies.

I love the feeling I get from finishing a project. I start with a clean table to utter chaos back to a clean table, and somehow in between 8 pretty cards come out!
I haven't stamped the sentiments or anything yet because I am not sure what set I want to use and it's getting late so I think I will work on that tomorrow.

No comments: