Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Scrapping Shoebox: How To

This month marks the beginning of my Inspiration posts at The Scrapping Shoebox, to view the original inspiration post click HERE. Now for the How To...

I started with the sketch below (bottom left) and chose my photos, paper and embellishments. unfortunately I did not have matching flowers so I altered some to fit the color palate I was using. the background piece of the photo mat is from the Homemade Collection from K & Co. I stitched the ribbon to the background before adding it to the page.

I love Tim Holtz distress inks! I used fired brick for the distressing on this page. Just a little touch that I really like is rounding the edges of the whole page. I think it gives everything a nice finished look.

I did some hand journaling with pencil to get proper placement before filing in with a Creative Memories Memory Maker felt tip pen. I don't have a top note die cut, so I used one I had and traced it to get the background for my title block. I edged it in white ink and sprayed the whole thing down with glimmermist. All of the flowers are sprayed with glimmermist as well.
That's about it! Email me with any questions you may have and check out the Scrapping Shoebox for more great ideas from the whole team!



2 comments:

Suetopia said...

um. so, what is that you are always telling me about putting up your pictures without asking? although i must say, nice page!

Unknown said...

It isn't on facebook :) Do you want me to take it down?