Thursday, March 10, 2011

Try Something New...




How pretty is this? My good friend invited me over a while back to try my hand at making stained glass. I forgot to take pictures, but it was a very involved process. I suggest checking out YouTube for some step by steps and a few things to note:

- Make sure you are in a well ventilated area, I had a pretty bad headache by the time I was done from the soldering.
- This is a time intensive hobby, there are many parts and pieces and you need specialized tools. Try before you buy. I loved this, it was very fun, BUT I don't think I'll be running out to buy everything to make them at home.

2 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh it looks gorgeous .. can just imagine it hanging in the sushine
Lisa ;)

Unknown said...

It's been so overcast here lately, I can't seem to get any good light. This picture does not do the colors justice at all. There is a pretty blue, teal and a mixed purple. I am going to try and get some better pics if it ever clears up.