Tuesday, July 5, 2011

THE Mommy moment (SPOILER ALERT - Toy Story 3 exerpt included)

I have officially watched Toy Story 3 about a bazillion times now (Netflix instant queue is awesome).

If you have NOT watched it, I'm going to tell you now, stop reading this blog, go to Netflix and watch it. Right now, I'll wait... (there are spoilers coming soon so don't read the rest of this post if you don't want it ruined for you).

Ok, for everyone who has seen it, do you remember this scene:


Yeah, that one, the one where I start to sob, snot and bawl uncontrollably EVERY SINGLE TIME I watch it? That scene that starts the beginning of the end for Andy's room? Yeah, that one.

I know there is a happy ending to follow, but I can't help but freak out a little bit every time I see the end of this movie. Every time I see Andy hug his mom in the empty room, drive away from his toys, go off to start his new life as an adult, I cry. Mostly because it's sad, but partly because I know in 6 short years that will be me.

I know that 6 Years SEEMS like an awfully long time.


I also know that for me it will FLY BY too fast, just like the last 12 have.


I know she wishes I would treat her more like an ADULT than a child.


I wish she could travel back to being LITTLE for just a little longer.

No comments: