Thursday, July 28, 2011

Operation: GET ORGANIZED MOM!


Here's the sitch: Since becoming unemployed, I have become VERY disorganized. I don't really know how to be a SAHM, I have always been a working mom. An ORGANIZED working mom. It actually seemed like the more I had on my plate, the easier it was to juggle it. Now that I have that 9 hours of 'work time' back, I feel like I have no idea what to do with myself.

I have always been the organizer of our family.
I write the lists, I do the calendars, I sign the forms, I do the budget. I went to work, juggled our schedules to get kids to school, daycare, dance class... you get the point. Now, I don't want this to sound like I am supermom, I am totally not. I have always had help. The Hubbs trucks kids to appointments and classes too, Mema always finds time to help out when she can. I have a fantastic support system, and I am grateful everyday for having family close by.

That said, lately I feel like things are OUT OF CONTROL.

Exhibit A:

YES, this is the crap I have been hoarding and hauling around everywhere I go for the past 2 weeks. It is getting bigger, pretty soon I may need to start buckling it up so it wont spill onto the floor of my car.

Exhibit B:

This is BAG #1, papers, planner, cell phone, feminine products, allergy medicine, notepads etc... looks a bit empty due to the removal of my camera and coffee mug which can also be found in there on a regular basis.

Exhibit C:
This is BAG #2, WHO CARRIES 2 BAGS?! Who brings with them this much crap? In here I have about 20 old receipts (I actually found one with a $10.00 off coupon that expired in JANUARY), purse, more notebooks, cup wraps (for take out coffee), pens and apparently some Sweet and Sour Sauce. BTW - I have NO plans to EVER use that sauce.

I've been doing some research (which is about my 3rd favorite thing to do, I know I'm a geek) and I think I may have found a solution. YAY! I'm off to the dollar store to get some supplies, I'll let you in on the full project details ASAP.

While we're add it shall we add a WHOLE BUNCH of Organizing? I know I have a lot to do, I bet you do to. Lets do it next week, sound good to you? I'll get some tips, tricks, buttons and linky's ready :) Maybe we will have a giveaway too.
***********************************************************************************
Remember to stop by all day Friday for the Four Heart Friday Link Party!
Support and Share the Awkward, grab a button HERE


Kiwivandal


No comments: