Thursday, August 25, 2011

It would be very unfortunate if Diego had an accident

Why are children always in love with the most AWFUL TV shows?
What is this infatuation 3 year old's have with Diego and Dora? Yeah they are cute, yeah they have pretty cool looking graphics, but WHY in the heck are they so COMPLICATED?
Since when are all cartoons about learning something?

Oh, and before all the 'educational-tv-show-mom's' go crazy on me, I need to be clear on something: While I respect the opinion of all moms to make the decisions for their family that is right for them, I don't need any trolling on this subject please. Let's all be adults about this.

Now that that is out of the way, I have to complain about 'eduational' TV for a minute.

What ever happened to mindless cartoons that can allow you to drift off into a peaceful nap? What the heck is the point of even letting your kids watch TV in the middle of the day if NOT to get them to nap? There are about a million toys in our house that get played with on a pretty regular basis, and the TV is usually a non issue during the day, but sometimes, I just want to plop down, flip on the tube, snuggle with my baby and fall asleep.

I don't want to learn spanish,
I don't want to get up and clap
I don't want to jump over the crocodile lake
(you get the point)
I just want to DO NOTHING, I don't want my child engaged in learning something. I want them to be spacing out on the verge of sleep...

What ever happened to shows like Jem and the Holograms, GI Joe, XMen, Transformers, and Care Bears?
GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

1 comment:

Suetopia said...

You forgot HeMan and SheRa.