After a really great visit with a good friend this weekend I have been doing some thinking about my life, or more appropriately liveS.
We had some pretty deep conversation, about pretty much everything (and some pretty shallow conversation too). I love catching up with friends, not as much as actually being able to hang out with them all the time, but we do what we can.
Anyway, as I embarked on my hour and a half drive back home my first thought was "I feel like I have lived 5 completely separate lives". I know weird right, but think about it...
1. I was a kid, I had family and grew a bit, started school met some people I have no idea who they even are now.
2. I started school, grew a bit, made some friends, had some adults in my life, did homework. I never see these people and don't really remember a whole lot about them now either.
3. I began middle school. I met some real friends, talked, learned to use the phone, grew a bit, made my mom regret I learned out to use a phone, people passed in and out teachers, adults, coaches what not. I have no idea what these people are doing now.
4. I went to high school, I made some mistakes, made some real friends, learned stuff, dressed funny, learned to drive and made some real memories. I had TIMES people.
5. I started real life, kept a few friends, lost touch of almost all of those high school people, met my family, grew, got jobs, met friends, made connections, changed, had babies, got married, started a blog.. blah blah..
Each one of these "ME's" feel so separate now... like they could have been different lives completely from the one I am living now. It feels weird...
I may be on the verge of an existential crisis...