Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Bunting Hostess Gift

One of my new favorites POPPYTALK had the perfect idea for my hostess gift for this year's Easter Party. As you know I am a sucker for paper garland and bunting, her DIY Upcycled Easter Bunting is so adorable, I had to try it out for myself.

Since I had already taken back the recycling I used kraft cardstock as my base and my fabric stash is basically nil so I used some pretty spring paper from my scrap stash.



Her sewing skills are clearly far superior to mine, I have no idea how she got the stitching so straight around the egg shapes. I highly doubt anyone is going to care that mine are a bit wonky though. I clipped the bottoms of the egg shapes into pennant shapes and inked them in bright green, blue and purple to bring out the colors in the paper. To give it a little more POW I added 2 ribbon roses to the ends and tied on some pretty ribbon between each one.

No comments: