Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A new routine

Is there such a thing as 'Summer Fever'? Like Spring Fever, when you can't wait to get out of the house after a long winter. I would say Summer Fever is after the busiest part of your vacation is over and you start to get the "I'm BOOORRREEEDDDDD" from the kids.

For me it's "What am I supposed to do with these kids for the next 3 weeks?"

The Hubbs and I have devised a clever plan to keep us all sane, Begin The School Routine. (with a few tweeks).

No more midnight bedtimes,
no more random TV watching,
no more popsicles for breakfast (well maybe once or twice),
plenty of activities and the new Daily Schedule.

It all began today, it looks a little something like this:

8am: Showers, (coffee for Mom), breakfast
9: Walk, get mail, (more coffee for mom), other errands, swim lessons
Recycling at the Post Office

10: Activities with Mom or Dad
Mom's activity was watercolors on the picnic table

12: Lunch
Our treat for successfully being NICE to each other all morning: White chocolate covered sprinkle cones and ice cream

1: Quiet time, reading, blogging, napping (if we're lucky)
2: free swim, playdates, crafts, email (coffee?)
5: Dinner, baths, cuddles
7: TV time allowed for 1 hour
8: Stories, bedtime for 3 year olds
9: Bedtime for 12 year olds

Right about then I think Mom and Dad might collapse into a pile of jello.


2 comments:

Sweaty said...

Very organized! Well done, Mommy! :)
I totally feel ya!

My daughter still has about three more weeks of summer holiday too, and she too has started complaining about being bored! Thank goodness for tennis, golf, and swim lessons! My house will not survive the hurricane that is my daughter otherwise!

Unknown said...

My oldest has swim and tennis too, but the 3 year old is a bundle of energy that never seems to stop... Im thinking about baby gymnastics...